AllStarLink has a built-in backup feature that is often overlooked. Backups are easy to create and are stored on our Backup server.
To enable backups you'll need to set up the /etc/astrerisk/savenode.conf file as shown. Replace the node number and password with any one of the node's info on your server. The backup filename will be the chosen node number.
NODE=1999 ; replace with your node numner PASSWORD=123456 ; replace with your password ENABLE=1
To create a backup type:
savenode.sh on DIAL and prior.
save-node on ASL.
All nodes on your server will be backed up.
- Point your browser at [Backup server] and enter your node number and it's password.
- You will see your last four backups in tgz format. Click the one you want to download it.
- With your favorite file transfer program upload the file to your user home directory.
*CLI> tar -xzvf fliename.tgz; cd etc/asteriskand
cpall or some of the files to the /etc/asterisk directory.
ASL Backup and Restore Menu
- Login is as root.
- Start the ASL Menu by typing asl-menu at the Linux prompt if not already showing.
- Select "6 ASL Configuration Edit Menu"
- Select "A Backup Restore Menu"
- Choose the Backup or Restore function desired