no edit summary
Allstar/app_rpt is a complete repeater (or simplex node) controller with VoIP linking and more features that most repeater controllers.
* Asterisk/app_rpt can run on many single board computers including the Raspberry Pi or as a Virtual Machine in a data center
* Multiple repeaters (nodes) may be interfaced at one site while only running one instance of Asterisk/app_rpt on one computer.
Multiple hardware interfaces supported including the Quad Radio PCI card ( EOL) , the CM1x (USB), WM5102 (RPi), TLV320 (RPi) and RTCM.
* Voting and simulcast over IP networks with Allstar Radio Thin Client Module (RTCM).
* No central authority for authorizing connections. You are free to use our Allstar Link, or set up a your own completely isolated network of systems.
Ad-hoc connectivity. Any node can connect with any other node. Any number of nodes can connect to a node (subject to bandwidth limitations). * All of the security features in Asterisk are at your disposal (Public/Private keys, IP address filtering) * Plus a Registration-based authentication method for Allstar nodes to handle Internet connections with dynamic IP addresses
* The ability to remotely execute a DTMF command on any node from any other node.
* [[MDC-1200]] support and integration
* [[Audio Filters]] - Optional filters for making the audio wider on both the lower and upper frequency limit.
* Interoperability with Echolink, DMR and D-Star also possible.
* Control and access to the radio via telephone dialup.
* SIP and/or IAX for soft
or hard phone access to nodes.
* iaxRPT soft dispatch console for Windows. Android IAXRPT for Android phones and tablets.
* Facilities to integrate with existing addressable full duplex RF linked systems.